Pages

RSS

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Growing Baby Gets Showered With Gifts

Since our appt last week the baby has decided that he needs much more space than he previously needed. I used to still be able to bend over prior to this past week and now that is a thing of the past. He is kicking or punching me in the ribs now and it catches me off guard every time he does it. It is the most awkward semi-painful thing I have ever felt. He is also now pressing on my lungs and making me feel more and more out of shape. Bending over to pick up bags of groceries off the floor and put them in the fridge had me huffing and puffing as if I just tried to run. I find it hard to catch my breath and I am often breathing in irregular patterns.

This past weekend my boss hosted a shower for me for all of my co-workers to participate in. Only five of the 25 women were able to show up, as many of them were traveling for work but we had so much fun. The girls from work really had fun shopping for clothes for our little man, I think I walked away with about 30 new outfits in a variety of sizes. My boss had the neatest cake made and I hope to get pictures of it posted soon. We played a couple of games and then watched a short video on this woman's interpretation of pregnancy and birth and we were all in tears from laughing so hard.

I am having another shower next weekend for the ladies at church, our family that lives close and my girlfriends. I only wanted to do two showers and I had those set up already and then my boss came in and said I want to host a shower for you and I just couldn't tell her no so now there are three. The other shower will be an online shower for our family and friends who are long distance!

1 comments:

poison_ivy777 said...

Which the 3rd shower - the online one invitations will be out in the mail VERY soon! I had wanted to get the blog done all in one day and instead had to deal with doing bit by bit when I could so sorry for the delay. However it is up and running and invites will be out!