Pages

RSS

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Early Hospital Visit

On Sunday January 4th, I was rudely awakened by some terrible contractions around 11:00. At the time I thought that I had just been sleeping in a bad position. I got out of bed drank some water and used the bathroom thinking these were all things that would help lessen the pain. I laid back down and fell asleep only to wake up again shortly after one o' clock still in pain. I took some deep breaths and drank some more water and used the bathroom again hoping this would again relieve some pain. I was able to get back to sleep until 4 in the morning when I had to race to the bathroom as I was in so much pain it made me sick. My lower back had a sharp stabbing pain and my abdomen was cramping so much it had me doubled over. I woke Russell up and had him drive me to the hospital because I knew something wasn't right. The hospital staff hooked me up to a million monitors only to see that I was having contractions. They took a urine sample from me and determined that I had a Urinary Tract Infection. I had no idea because I hadn't experience any symptoms until I woke up that morning. They flushed my system with IV fluids because I was dehydrated and then they game me an heavy dose of antibiotics through my IV. As soon as the antibiotics started to get in my system the contractions stopped. My nurses adopted my Dr's name for the baby (little turkey) because every time they would put the fetal monitor on him he would move or kick it. I ended up getting released a little after eight and I went home and slept for the rest of the day.

0 comments: