Pages

RSS

Monday, January 5, 2009

Sugar and Babies Don't Mix

On December 5th I went in for my glucose test appointment. They let me choose what kind of nasty sugar water I wanted to drink. I choose Fruit Punch instead of Lemon Lime or Orange. I don't really even like sodas because they are so sweet, so my glucose mixture was a lot to choke down. I then went to see my Dr. and it took her a good fifteen minutes to find the babies heart beat. She would find it it would beat about twice and then he would move. She finally told me that my baby was rambunctious. I followed that by saying you just made me drink sugar water what do you expect. After finding the heartbeat she read my chart and exclaimed that I had gained 5 pounds and that I was 2 pounds short of my pre-pregnancy weight. She also noted that she wanted to do an ultrasound on the baby a little later on to check his growth and progress since I was so small. She put me on some prescription heartburn meds and I was so relieved because I was eating tums like candy. I had my blood drawn an hour after I drank the glucose mix and thankfully I passed so I don't have to do the three hour test. The morning sickness still comes and goes and the stretch marks are slowly increasing. Even though this has not been an easy pregnancy I know the end result will be a true blessing.

1 comments:

poison_ivy777 said...

Oh girl I feel for ya. That test was SO not fun! Keep a truckin' you are ALMOST done!!