Pages

RSS

Monday, February 16, 2009

Surprise

On Sunday night Russell and I went to our Young Families life group and I walked in the door to an "It's a boy" banner with balloons and other baby decor. The ladies from our life group organized a baby shower for me and Russell after our bible study. Each of the members took a card and gave us their best advice about becoming parents and then they read them to us and put them in a photo album for us to take home. They also brought a piggy bank and their spare change to start a savings bank for the little one. Several of the members of our life group have small children already or have some on the way. We were very humbled and blessed by their generosity.

Early this morning Russell and I went in for an ultrasound since I have only put on seven pounds the Dr wanted to check the baby's measurements to make sure he was growing and on track. Much to our surprise not only is he measuring on time, he is measuring early by a week. I am 34 weeks today and the baby is measuring 35 weeks pushing our due date forward to March 23rd. He currently weighs 5 pounds 6 ounces. If I make it full term with him we might have a big baby on our hands! My Dr is very pleased with his measurements and size and she was very concerned about the dizzy spell I had a few days earlier. She looked at my lab results and said my white blood count was a little bit high and requested that I have blood drawn again to make sure those levels evened out. She said I could have just had a bug but she didn't really know and said that if it happens again don't hesitate to call and come in again. We have one more two week appointment and then we start seeing the Dr every week! Things are on the down hill stretch, thankfully.

0 comments: