Pages

RSS

Monday, February 16, 2009

Spinning Circles

On February 12th I woke up for work and when I tried to walk to the restroom I noticed I was extremely dizzy and off balance. I ran into the wall twice and the dresser on my way into the bathroom. I sat on the edge of the tub for quite a while thinking maybe I just got up to quick and that every thing would be ok in a matter of minutes. Well I was wrong, I called my boss and told her what was going on and that I would try to make it in to work a half day. I laid back in bed thinking if I slept for a few more hours then I might be able to get this awful feeling to go away. After resting for a few more hours I woke up to feel just about the same so I had Russell make me some oatmeal thinking maybe I needed to eat. Halfway though the Oatmeal I couldn't take it anymore so I had Russell dial my Dr's number since I couldn't read the digits on the phone. He sat in bed with me while I called the Dr. The had me come to their office to see one of the other Dr's on staff as my Dr was doing c-sections that day. Russell had to help me walk though the office as I was really unstable. I laid on the table while the Dr. asked numerous questions and told me that she could prescribe nausea medication and I told her I wasn't nauseated just dizzy and off balance. She said I needed to do blood work to check my appendix and sent me to the lab. After doing blood work they sent me home. I slept all day Thursday and felt well enough that evening to go to our childbirth class where we toured the Fort Collins Hospital. Friday morning I was determined to go to work until I woke up feeling light headed again. I called my boss and she said she was really worried about me and told me that she had been researching to see if she could figure out what was going on. I slept all day Friday and again felt much better by that evening.

0 comments: