Pages

RSS

Friday, August 29, 2008

Eat, Drink and Be Lazy

I had my first official appointment at the Women's Clinic on Thursday Morning. That day started off really rough. I was already running later than I had hoped and on the way there I had to stop twice to deal with morning sickness at its finest. I passed a sewer plant on the way there and normally I could deal with that awful smell but not this time. I also decided that my Dr's Clinic is in the best and worst location all at the same time. It's right across the street from the hospital in Loveland so that is convenient however for us weak stomachs it is not very fun to drive through 5 roundabouts to get there, hence the second stop on my way to the clinic.

I arrived ten minutes late and only to received a blessing from GOD. My doctor had just finished delivering a baby and was running late as well. It was nice to finally meet the woman who is going to be taking care of me and the baby. She was really sweet and seemed very compassionate when I told her how awful I had been feeling. She did an exam on me and then went into the hallway to retrieve the Doppler heart monitor machine. She spread ultrasound goo all over me and started looking for the babies heart beat. She couldn't find it and said that it was because I was still very early into the pregnancy but she wanted to reassure me and check into the reason I was spotting to see if the spot was healing so she ordered another ultrasound.

While I was waiting for an ultrasound she told me that she was a little concerned about my weight and I asked why. She said well you have lost 7 pounds in one week and that's not good.

We went in for the ultrasound and the baby had a strong heart beat of 167 beats per minute and the baby looked great. The spot I was bleeding from is healing and my Dr was very pleased. Her final note that she left me with was eat, drink and be lazy. I have to monitor my weight and if it decreases any more they are going to put me on medication for nausea and a strict diet.

I am so excited that even through all the scares and though all the times I have spent hugging the porcelain God that the baby is doing wonderful. I hope my second trimester is going to be so much better than the first. God has truly blessed us.

1 comments:

poison_ivy777 said...

Hey girl you hang in there! I had it VERY bad too with Tyler and it does go away! I've only heard of two people that were sick the WHOLE time and they were extreme cases - they had complications and were on bedrest and all sorts of other problems. You are having a healthy pregnancy so it will go away! Just look towards the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm very glad your spot has healed (or is ALMOST done healing) and I'm also veyr glad you like your doctor. This is a very important thing since they are the person you have to deal with when you experience well one of THE most defining moments in a woman's life (to put it nicely! lol) I love you girl and hang in there the sickness will go away. And hey when else will you be told to be lazy and eat whatever you want!! ENJOY that part! Kisses and hugs - I miss ya!